St. Anne’s on the Sea Town Council has supported Lytham St Annes Civic Society in the funding and delivery of the local blue plaque scheme for a number of years.
A blue plaque is a permanent sign installed in a public place in the United Kingdom and elsewhere to commemorate a link between that location and a famous person, event, or former building on the site, serving as a historical marker.
For further information or to join the Lytham St Annes Civic Society community please visit their website: https://lsacivicsociety.org.uk/
If you wish to visit the blue plaques, our Town Trail guide may be of assistance:
Blue Plaque unveiling 1st May 2018 at St. Anne’s on the Sea Alpha House, the first brick built house in the town, 1875.
Blue Plaque unveiling 17th October 2016 at St. Anne’s on the Sea Train Station in recognition of Sir Nigel Gresley.
Blue Plaque unveiling 22nd January 2016 at Public Offices St. Anne’s on the Sea in recognition of the first purpose-built civic building in town.
Blue Plaque unveiling 5th June 2013 at the Church Parish Rooms in recognition of the vision and drive of Rev Herbert Butler.