The Community and Neighbourhood (CAN) team is a working group of St. Anne’s on the Sea Town Council tasked with overseeing, arranging, organising, and agreeing participation in events and activities for residents and visitors to St. Anne’s on the Sea in order to bring the community together.
The working group meets on a monthly basis and is comprised of: Cllr Gardner, Cllr Little, Cllr K Harrison (Chairman), RFO, TCSO and TEPO.
Projects delivered by the group include:
- Sounds In The Square (20 weekly performances at the Amphitheatre).
- Annual Christmas Lights Switch-On’s.
- Initiated the Santa tour of St. Anne’s to several locations on Switch-On Day.
- Completed dozens of monthly Litter Picks all across the Town with community support.
- Schools Art exhibition in 2021.
- September Spectacular of Music, Arts and Variety performances in 2021.
- The Queen’s Jubilee & Carnival Event in 2022.
- Annual St. Anne’s Music Festival in Ashton Gardens since 2022.
- Facilitators of Bandstand performances near The Pier.
- Facilitators of St. Anne’s Square Domes and Amphitheatre use.
- Spring into St. Anne’s Easter children’s performance, treasure hunt and activities.