Fylde Fairtrade On 29 June 2008 Fylde Borough achieved Fairtrade status after a 5-year campaign. Many people and organisations had worked hard to gain this much-coveted status.
- The Council passed a resolution supporting Fairtrade, agreeing to serve Fairtrade refreshments at meetings, in offices and canteens and promote its use in the Borough.
- Local shops, cafes and catering establishments demonstrated that a wide range of Fairtrade products were readily available for purchase or consumption.
- Workplaces, community organisations, schools and faith communities confirmed their support of Fairtrade in their values and use of Fairtrade products and refreshments.
- Media coverage and popular support for the campaign was demonstrated with the organisation of regular events in the Borough and publicity campaigns in the press.
- A Steering Group was formed to ensure continued commitment to Fairtrade status.
- Fairtrade and fair local trade are important to people in the Fylde. We encourage shoppers to buy goods direct from local producers, shops and farms.
- As consumers we have a lot of power and influence. We can make a difference to the lives of millions of people – and to the environment – just by the choices we make when we shop.
- Fylde Fairtrade aims to tell people the good news about Fairtrade and to encourage and support its use in all aspects of our lives.